Thursday, April 14, 2011

The more you use that battery, the stronger it gets

Having the experience of driving a car that has its power came from a battery has been very interesting and a little scary at first.  The day after we took delivery of our Leaf, we made a 35 mile round trip.  When we got back home the battery was nearly discharged.  Needless to say we were very disappointed.  We have learned since then that the more you use that battery,  the stronger it gets.  Now I can’t yet prove this but is sure seems to me that the more that you demand from the battery the stronger it get.  Yesterday I drove it hard with a lot of interstate driving and using the air conditioning.   This morning when I unplugged my Leaf, it said that driving range was 119 miles.  That was the highest that we have had so far.  I have been told that I should wait until the battery is fully discharged before I charge it.  That also  seems to helps make that battery stronger.   

No comments:

Post a Comment